Sunday, June 4, 2017

7B-7 Photoshop Stories

For the school maker fair, my project was a slideshow of pictures that I created using Photoshop. I wanted to make this because I am really interested in photography, and Photoshop is a very important editing tool. I was inspired by the movie The Secret World of Arrietty, which is an animated movie about a miniature girl who explores the big world (Watch the trailer here!). I re-created this using photoshop by taking pictures of my friend and adding them into backgrounds. I then made her look smaller by scaling down the cutout of her to create my final image.


I really enjoyed learning how to use photoshop, even though there were definitely some bumps along the way. One of my biggest challenges was learning how to cut an image out of one background and move it to another. However, it turns out all I needed to do was turn off background lock.


If I had more time to complete this project, I definitely would have turned this into an actual book that you can pick up and hold. For the version of this project that I did, the cost was $9.99 for the Photoshop tool. Learning how to use Photoshop took a  VERY long time,  but I would recommend it for people who like photography!




No comments:

Post a Comment